Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sprouts, and Planting, Finally




I got some help from Rudy our cat. He is checking to see if the Italian Cucumbers my Aunt Pat set me have sprouted yet. They haven't, it's only been three days.
My carrots, squash, Romaine lettuce, onions, and others are finally sprouting.
Middle photo shows some Romaine in foreground, behind it is Broccoli Rabe, and third row is broccoli and Brussel sprouts.
I put up a small trellis of fence posts and chicken wire for my pole beans, Roma II, and Blue Lake. The Blue Lake seeds are a year old so I'm taking a chance, we'll see if anything pops up.
The squash, melons and some cucumber are in "hills", although I have some cucumber in rows.
Tomatoes are still VERY small under the patio cover. I will plant tomatoes after checking the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment